For many plants and flowers that you have in your garden, roses should never be absent because there must be few flowers that look as beautiful as roses with their incredible variety of colors.
Did you know that roses are the most cultivated and best-selling flowers in the world? There are 3000 varieties of roses! But only two are used in the perfumery industry. What a unique aroma! The roses are wonderful.
The best time to plant roses is in early autumn (ideally from mid-March to the end of April), but if you do not have a garden or simply prefer to plant them in pots, you can do so at any time of the year.
The main condition of the roses, is that they receive a lot of sun, enough water and are not exposed to strong winds.
What do you think of adding a variety of pink to the decoration of your house or the colors of your garden?
Today we will teach you how to grow roses from a rose stem and very easily. Choose the variety of rose that you like and start now!
1) Remember that the area you choose should receive a lot of sun and have good drainage. You can do this first step in two different ways, depending on where you are going to plant your roses or the number of roses.
Dig a ditch about 15 cm deep as long as the stems of roses you want to plant taking into account that there should be about 20 cm of distance between one stem and another.
Another variant, in case you want to plant your rose in a pot, is to make a hole in the ground with a knitting needle introducing it from the widest end. In this way you will get a hole where you can enter the rose stem.
2) Place sand either in the ditch that you nailed or in the pot and introduce the freshly cut rose stem that will have to be approximately 25 cm long. Try not to touch the part of the rose you are going to plant, to avoid contaminating it with germs. Before doing so, remove all the leaves that were left on the stem. Enter the stem halfway.
Cover the trench with dirt or add a little more soil to the pot.
3) Press the soil with the help of the feet or with the hands so that the stems are firmly fixed to the ground. Within a few months you will have your roses decorating your garden or your home.
– Add a homemade compost, it can be very helpful for the growth of your roses.
– Roses need enough moisture and that’s why you should water it every day, but be careful! It does not like swampy terrain, so do not overdo it. Take into account that the earth must always be moist.
– The place that we destinemos to plant our roses is essential, because you will need at least six hours of continuous sun.
In the same way that we like roses, they also attract a series of insects that end up being harmful to the rose. We can always resort to chemical products to avoid the proliferation of aphids or slugs, which tend to be the ones that are most angry with roses, but take into account that these chemicals are toxic for humans, for our pets and in the long term also for same plant, in addition to eliminating other insects such as bees that are necessary and important for the life of a garden.
We suggest some home remedies and completely ecological to use as natural insecticides.
In most cases, we will need a spray bottle to spray on the plant.
– Garlic: prepare a repellent based on garlic boiling half a liter of water with five cloves of garlic, chopped for half an hour. Once the water has cooled, we strain and spray on the plant.
– Wormwood: this is a natural repellent insecticide that can also serve to eliminate these undesirable insects. Boil 50 g of absinthe leaves in 1 liter of water, let the water rest for 24 hours and sprinkle on the plant.
– Nettle: this plant seems somewhat aggressive, but the truth is that it is a good insecticide and stimulates the growth of plants, while strengthening your immune system.
Place 1 liter of water and 100 g of stinging nettles in a jar. Let marinate for 15 days mixing the water every so often. After that time, the water will have changed color and the smell of fermentation will begin to appear.
It is at this time that you must strain this liquid and mix 100 ml for each half liter of water. Apply by spraying on the same plant or on the ground. In one case, it will act as an insecticide and in the other as an enhancer.
Horsetail: take about 100 g of horsetail and soak them in 1 liter of water for 24 hours. The next day, boil this same preparation, let cool and strain. Take 100 ml of the obtained liquid, mix it in half a liter of water and sprinkle on the plant preferably on a dry and sunny day.
As we have said, there are insects that are beneficial for plants and flowers. Among the most common are the wasps, spiders, ladybugs (the vaquitas of San Antonio), bees and butterflies that help in the pollination process.
Planted near the roses other plants that attract these insects, is a way to help the growth process. The chosen ones are: the borage, the mint, the dill, the calendula, the yarrow and the basil.
In the book “The Little Prince”, the protagonist takes care of his only rose as his most precious treasure. “It was the time you spent with your rose that made it so important.” What makes roses so attractive?
All poets have evoked at some point the effect of roses because it seems to be the flower that best expresses feelings and even according to color, can express one or the other.
Do you want to know the meaning of the colors of roses? A good way to convey a message is to consider what each color represents.
– Red roses: it is no secret to anyone that the red rose is the flower of passionate love and the depth of feelings. So this roses is reserved for lovers as a symbol of deep and lasting love.
Who is it given to? Exclusively to the elect of the heart to give testimony of sincere and loyal love.
– White roses: the white rose expresses above all the purity and sincerity of the feelings, but also the chaste love, devotion and peace. It can be given in certain circumstances but the message is not necessarily related to love.
Who is it given to? It is ideal to congratulate the newlyweds, or a person who starts with a new venture. You can also express a love that begins as it conveys sincerity. If this is the case, it can be combined with red roses to make the message clearer.
Yellow roses: the yellow color represents light, heat and sun. The yellow rose in this way becomes the ideal color to express the feelings of friendship. But beware! In the language of love, giving away yellow roses can be subtle and they also give themselves to ask for forgiveness. Beware of misunderstandings!
Who is it given to? A close friend, someone who wants to ask for forgiveness or who wants to ask for something difficult to ask for. To avoid ambiguities, it is preferable to accompany the bouquet of yellow roses with an explanatory note.
Orange roses: orange roses or also called coral roses, express desire, admiration and enthusiasm. A way to show that love is flourishing.
Who is it given to? It is intended for a person who wants to let you know that generates an attraction or someone for whom you feel a lot of admiration.
Pink roses: pink roses convey affection, softness, modesty, fidelity and pays homage to female beauty. It can also express a feeling of love but with a softer sense than that of the red rose. In a combined bouquet, the pink rose reinforces the message of the other flowers.
Who is it given to? To a young mom, to mothers, to a girlfriend as a sign of fidelity or to a person who wants to transmit interest in a subtle way.
Did you know that even the size of roses can convey a message? Regardless of the color you choose, a rose that is already very flowery expresses a much broader feeling, while giving rosebuds a connotation of shyness and reserve.
Roses are flowers full of symbols. Today we offer you this simple and easy way to have your own roses in your house to give as a gift or for the simple pleasure of cultivating them.
Do not stop sharing!